Sunday, April 27, 2014

A good use of hair!

One sunny day, I was waiting in my house to get a haircut. But my mom said I would have to wait till the end of day.  The day seemed so long! It was 2 years ago that I started to grow my hair, and they were now becoming a little unruly. When I put my swim cap on for a lesson that afternoon, my head started to hurt.  The big blob of hair beneath my cap made it not fun to fit my swim goggles, and not fun at all to swim. Finally, after my long restless day, it was time for the haircut!

Longer hair is difficult to comb, they hurt when tangled, and you have to depend on a parent to get you ready. But longer hair is also pretty.

At Great Clips (which was great!), the hair dresser split my hair into 4 ponytails and cut the ponytails out. Then she shaped into the style that I wanted. Finally my haircut was done! It had been the best day of my life! Hooray! Hooray! I was feeling sad a couple minutes after I got home and missed my hair, but I got over that quickly. I am now going to start growing them again. The good thing with short hair is, I do not need a parent’s help to get ready for school, and being independent feels great!

Did you know that more than 2 million kids are impacted by hair loss every year? To donate, you only need 8 – 12 inches of hair.  It can take 1.5-3 years to grow this length depending on how quickly your hair grows, and it takes about 3-8 hair donations to make a wig for a child in need. And also, all of that has to be the same color. So don’t stop after donating one time.  Keep it going! Enjoy your long pretty hair, then after the cut, enjoy your short manageable hair.  The best of it is, put your hair to good use!

Donate your hair today, and help spread the word!

If you decide to donate your hair, please send me a message so I can thank you!                                

-Writing Girl (WG)

P.S: I donated my hair to Children with Hair Loss. There are other choices of organizations you can donate to like Wigs for Kids, Locks of Love, and you can read more about them here



2 comments :

  1. Wow - writing girl - I am very proud of you. I would be so sad to part myself from my hair if I had such lovely hair as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for saying I have lovely hair. Almost a year has passed by, my hair is growing fast, and I can't wait to donate again.

    ReplyDelete