Monday, June 15, 2015

Dad as a Businessman

This year I made a story of my dad called “Dad as a Businessman”. I am going to share it with you.


Dad as a Businessman
Boom, dad locked the door. He was preparing for a speech to his boss. If his boss hated the speech, dad would be put back to a lowly job. If dad’s boss liked the speech, dad would stay where he was. If dad’s boss loved the speech, dad would become the CEO!

Soon after, my dad came out of the room. He told us that he would rehearse the speech to us. Dad studied his papers before starting to talk. “In these days, our company is amazing. It has become a million times better from when I started in it,” dad continued his speech.

“This company has never proved me wrong. Instead it has grown me in my career. In 1866, when our company started, we could never accept people for whom they were. Now in 2015, our lives have much changed. We all keep improving our company, no matter our skill.
Although there are still some known bugs in our company, nobody argues about who should fix them. In any way, this company has never lost. Even in our many fails, there was always a lesson. Thank this beautiful company. Without it, I would never be happy,” my dad finished his speech.

“That’s wonderful!” we all chorused together. “You’ll definitely become the CEO!” But my dad with a worried look, went back into his room to study. “Oh poor dad,” I told mom. “If just he’d get over all this worrying.” “I know what to do!” my mom yipped. “Lets make dosa; dad’s favorite!” So that’s what we did.

After dad had finalized what to say tomorrow at the speech, he went to bed. When dad woke up, he was all fresh and ready for speech day. Dad confidently walked to his office. But then dad realized that he had forgotten his papers at home and it was too late to get them. Dad was up first and tried to remember his speech.

Dad remembered it very well. Time passed slowly as the others gave their speeches. Meanwhile, dad was worrying that he hadn’t done a good job because he forgot his papers. When everyone finished their speech, dad asked his boss for the results. He madly groaned, “You’ll get them tomorrow.”

Another reason to be worried, dad thought. That night, dad couldn’t sleep. He was too busy worrying. But eventually dad got some sleep. When we woke up dad the next morning, he jumped out of bed and checked his bag for supplies. Dad found his papers he had needed yesterday.

If my boss saw this, another reason to be worried. Then dad saw the clock. He hurriedly got dressed and left. At work, dad was the last person there. I’m late, dad thought. Another reason to be worried. When dad was walking in, he dropped his bag and everything spilled out.

Another reason to be worried, dad thought. Dad’s boss saw he had his papers. “Well prepared, that’s good". Finally a reason not to be worried. Boss slowly said the results. “Everybody here is staying at the same level except Dum-Dum and my dad.”

“One of the two is becoming the CEO. The other is going back to a lowly job. Dum-Dum is going back to a lowly job. My dad is becoming the CEO!” 

“Dad’s becoming the CEO!” we all cheered when the news reached home. “Great job!” we said to dad. “Awesome! Glorious!”  We never had more fun than we had that day.

Newspaper headline the next day.


New CEO In New York!

My dad giving a speech!

Happy Father's Day!


Writing Girl (6-15-15)

4 comments :

  1. wow - what an imagination....excellent piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An entertaining story! well done writing girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. Your comment encourages me to write more. If you like this, maybe you should also check tHe SuPeRnAtUrAl HaUnT.

    ReplyDelete