Sunday, June 22, 2014

My First Sleepover

This past weekend, was my first sleepover. It was at my best friend’s house. I was very excited. When we reached there, I felt it was my longest drive ever, until my mom said it was only a mile away. When my mom stopped the car in front of her house, she was sitting outside waiting for me. The feeling of excitement was so mutual!


We first made a 3-D spherical puzzle, then we played. We also put a fake bug on her older sister’s pillow and her sister freaked out. We both laughed so hard that we collapsed on her bed. When it was bedtime, we brushed our teeth and went to bed.

As a fact, we did not go to bed. We just stayed awake and played games in night light, and chit chatted. Well, no one believed us that we were up all night.

In the morning, we went outside to play a little more. We came back inside with really dirty feet, made some more puzzles and then it was time to go. My mom was there to pick me up and brought donuts and bagels for breakfast. We ate, then I left for home.

At the sleepover, I learned more about my friend’s family, things she has, and how much fun a sleepover can be. In my heart, I was bounded with happiness. At that moment, I felt better than anyone in the world!

I have heard my mom and her friends debate over sleepovers for kids - whether it is a good thing or a bad thing. I had to convince my mom to get me this first sleepover ever. I believe its a good thing at your best friend’s house once in a while. What do you think? Will love to hear about it.


- Writing Girl (WG)







2 comments :

  1. I bet I can guess that you had your very first sleepover ever with Sadie! Riya, I agree with you. Sleepovers are fun (but you have to go to sleep!) Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're correct, I did have my first sleepover with Sadie. Thank you for leaving a comment! I don't have many.

      Delete