Monday, May 5, 2014

Dancing Daddies!

This past Friday, I was doing my very own things when my mom came and told me that she signed me up for dancing with my daddy.

I looked up at her and said “what?” My mom asked me what was wrong. “You know I hate dancing. Why did you have to sign me up?”

My mom said she thought it was a good time because my dad’s interview had just passed, and it would be a relaxed fun evening for me to get daddy time.

“Well, I don’t think Dad would like it either. He doesn't have any interest in dancing. Who organized it?” My mom said it was organized by the Girl Scout. I love Girl Scout events, but this wasn't my thing.

When mom was getting me ready, I was feeling mad and frustrated. “You know I don’t like fashion, and I am not wearing these shoes with pink lace.” Mom tried to explain that she was only dressing me up for the occasion, just like I wouldn't want to wear my pajamas to my softball practice. That sounded reasonable, but I still didn't want those shoes with pink lace, and mom finally removed that lace.

On our way to the dance, I was still upset that I had to miss my evening bike ride, and my dad was not in a good mood either.

When we got to the dance place, there was a sweet smell of pirate’s booty, cookies, and many other snacks. We ate snacks, had photo shoot with daddy, and then the dance started. I had thought the daddies would have to go up onto a stage and dance with their daughter, one pair at a time. It wasn't like that though, there wasn't even a stage! Everyone danced together with their partner in two large circles! We did the Do-si-do square dance. The DJ explained the steps, and we danced for the next two hours! At the end of it all, daddies hugged their daughters! I got to eat, dance, and play with balloons. It was a blast!!

I will go again! I want to dance on many different songs. If you have a favorite song, post me a comment. 

-Writing Girl 




2 comments :

  1. Loved your blog post. I'm going to be organize a event just like this next year!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, what a coincidence! I would love to go the event that you organize next year.

      Delete